How do I file a claim for damages against the Town?

If you believe the Town has caused personal injury or property damage, please contact the Risk Management Department, Laura McIntosh, Risk Manager, at (540) 631-2736.  You may fax the details of your claim to (540) 631-9006, or send an email to Please provide your name, address and daytime telephone number. In order to file your claim accurately the Town will need the date, time and place of the alleged loss, and a brief description of the circumstances. If there are witnesses, please provide the names and telephone numbers, and also all copies of documents which support your claim for damages (estimates of damage, medical bills, police incident report, pictures, etc.) If you prefer to make your claim in person, you may visit Town Hall at 102 East Main Street. The Risk Management Department is located on the second floor. Please have all documentation with you so that we may file your claim in a timely manner.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file a claim for damages against the Town?
2. What happens when I file a claim?
3. My car was damaged when it hit a big pothole. Can I file a claim for that?