Who can access the electric or water meter?
If you have a water or electrical emergency, after hours, weekends or holidays, please notify the Police Department immediately by calling (540)635-2111. They will contact Town staff who are on-call. Only Virginia licensed and bonded plumbers or contractors who have permission from the Town, as well as authorized Town employees, are permitted access to Town meters. All others shall be assessed a tampering fee of $1,000. It is very dangerous to attempt to access electrical equipment. If you have been turned off for non-payment contact the Department of Finance.

Show All Answers

1. My utility bill seems high. What can I do?
2. I had a water leak and now my bill is much higher than normal. What can I do?
3. Who can access the electric or water meter?
4. Can garbage charges be removed from my utility bill?
5. Does the Town offer a budget payment plan for utility bills?
6. Why are there multiple meters on my utility bill?
7. Can I choose the monthly due date for my utility bill?
8. I'm having trouble registering to pay my utility bill online, what can I do?
9. How do I make a suggestion or express a concern?
10. If I live within Town Municipal Limits do I pay both Town of Front Royal & Warren County Taxes?
11. Do I need a Town of Front Royal decal for my vehicle?
12. Who do I notify if I sell/trade a vehicle?
13. I'm interested in how my tax dollars are spent. How do I find out?