Advisory Committee for Environmental Sustainability (ACES)
The Advisory Committee for Environmental Sustainability (ACES) focuses on the Town’s ecosystem, including recommended goals for environmental protection involving waste reduction, recycling, energy conservation, clean air and water, natural resources, and a sustainable community.
ACES is chaired by our Environmental Specialist, Jim Osborn, who is a certified arborist, nurseryman & tree care safety expert with over 35 years of experience.
- Preservation, enhancement, management and protection of Front Royal’s environment and natural resources.
- Education, outreach, communications, and public awareness on the care of the Town’s environmental assets.
- Proposed amendments and variations to environmental and natural resources-related policies, regulations, ordinances, and plans.
- Changes to the Town’s Comprehensive Land-use Plan regarding sustainability and urban forestry planning.
- Maintaining Front Royal’s recognition by the Arbor Day Foundation as a Tree City USA town.
- Coordinating with community organizations and volunteer groups to develop and implement environmental projects.
- Planning the annual Earth Day festival and Arbor Day ceremony.
- Improving the health of our local watershed, with emphasis on Happy Creek.
- Expanding the Town’s greenway, along with improving greenway safety and accessibility.
Regular ACES Meetings are held the Second Tuesday of every month from 5:30 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. at Vibrissa.
- Jim Osborn - Chairman
- Jerome' Ray
- Justin Proctor
- Herschel Finch
- Christina Keresztesi
- Michael Shotton
- Meredith Evans
- Emily Whisenant
- Taylor Clatterbuck
- 11-11-23 Veterans Day Native Tree Give-away Sees 360 Young Trees Find New Homes Within 2 Hours
- 8-3-23 New Greenway Fence Will help Keep Happy Creek Clean
- 5-7-23 Transforming Royal Shenandoah Greenway
- 4-28-23 Front Royal's 2023 Earth Day Celebration -- Big Fun, Big Impact
- 4-24-23 Royal Arms Apartments goes green: Community joins forces to plant 13 new trees
- 12-22-22 Local Civic groups round out the year with another collaborative tree planting
- 12-1-22 Happy Creek riparian planting with Front Royal's ESAC
- 8-13-22 Tree Stewards announce a welcoming addition to the Royal Shenandoah Greenway
- 4-24-22 First Annual Earth Day celebration in downtown Front Royal draws a crowd
- 12-7-21 Building Community, One Tree at a Time @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>