Town of Front Royal COVID-19 Municipal Utility Relief Program
In November 2020 Governor Northam signed Virginia’s biennial budget that was revised to address impacts to COVID-19 to the Commonwealth of Virginia. The budget revision included federal CARES Act funding to utilities, such as the Town of Front Royal, to help provide financial assistance on past due utility bills for account holders who are experiencing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Submitting an application does not guarantee assistance. Deadline for submitting application is December 30, 2021 or until all funds are exhausted; which ever shall occur first.
- Financial Assistance for utility bills dated March 1, 2020, to December 31, 2021, and may not be used for past due amounts prior to this time period or after this time period.
- Funding is designed to be a one‐time opportunity, with only one payment per household (for residential) or account holder and their successors
- Assistance may be used for electric, water, & waste water utility service; assistance may not be used for garbage service, late fees, penalties, deposits, electric tax, or other miscellaneous items
- Amount of assistance will not exceed amount outstanding that is 30 or more days past due as of application date
- Assistance provided for non-residential account may not exceed $1,000
- Applications will be processed on a first come first serve basis until funds are exhausted or December 30, 2021; which ever shall occur first.
- If awarded assistance, credits will be applied to utility accounts within 5 business days of application.
- Only customers who currently are experiencing economic hardships due to COVID-19 and are 30 or more days past due qualify for relief under this program
- Only one member of household may apply per household or non-residential account holder
- Account holder must not have received Rebuild Virginia Grants
- Account holder must not have previously received CARES Act Funding for payment of utilities
Please contact the Department of Finance at (540) 635-7799 regarding any questions or concerns.