A Comprehensive Plan lays out a vision for future growth and development for the next 15-20 years. It provides a foundation for the future of the town. Comprehensive plans cover a broad range of topics that are of concern in Front Royal. The Comprehensive Plan also tackles many goals and policies that are to be implemented over a lengthy period of time. Citizen input is vital to making this long range plan work for the town. Throughout each section of the Comprehensive Plan, there are ways to approach the implementation of such plans. Some parts or all of the recommended plans can be implemented to achieve the goals and aspirations for the topics mentioned in the plan.
The key purposes of a Comprehensive Plan include:
- Providing a guide for the public to see the decisions that will form the future Front Royal.
- Promoting the interests of the town as a collective whole.
- Comparing and contrasting short-term action against long-term goals.
- Promoting, describing, and enhancing the environment of the Town.
- Creating a well planned system of public services.
- Noting the natural resources, historical, and architectural significance of Front Royal and the surrounding area so that they can be preserved, protected, and integrated for future generations in an orderly development pattern.
- Satisfying the legal requirement of Chapter 11, Title 15.1 of the Code of Virginia.
The main goal of the comprehensive plan is to: maintain and amplify the quality and appearance of Front Royal’s natural and man -made environment by encouraging the valuable use and care of the Town’s land and native resources in order to adequately accommodate the societal and fiscal needs of all citizens, now and in the future. Below, you will find links to the sections of the Town’s plan.