FOLLOW US ON:     Twitter Facebook Linkedin

Print E-mail


To whom should an application be addressed?

Applications should be addressed to Town of Front Royal, Human Resources Department, Post Office Box 1560, Front Royal, VA 22630.

What is the screening process for applications?

Applications are received and reviewed by the Human Resources Department. Applications are then forwarded to the requesting Department who also reviews the applications. Applicants selected for a personal interview (there may be more than one interview) are contacted to arrange for a convenient time. After interviews are completed, the top applicants are forwarded to the Human Resources Department which prepares an “Offer of Employment” letter for the Town Manager’s approval. The Town Manager is the only person authorized to make a job offer. The “Offer of Employment” letter will include specifics of the position, compensation and other terms and conditions as considered necessary by the Town. After the Town Manager approves the “Offer of Employment,” the Human Resources Department contacts the applicant for continuation of the hiring process. Unsuccessful applicants are notified in writing that the position has been filled on or shortly after the applicant begins employment with the Town of Front Royal.

Do I need an application for each job for which I am applying?

Yes. You must submit a completed application for each position for which you are applying. Photo copies are acceptable.

When am I eligible for group health benefits if I am employed?

New employees are eligible to enroll in the group health insurance program after one full calendar month of employment. Employee contributions for group health insurance are withheld one month in advance of the month of coverage. Hence, the one full calendar month after employment.

Is the Town a member of the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)?

Yes. All full-time employees are required to participate in the VRS. The employer and employee contributions for the retirement and basic group life insurance benefits are paid by the Town. Front Royal participates in the Law Enforcement Officers Supplemental (LEOS) program offered by the VRS.

Are there age restrictions on jobs with the Town of Front Royal?

Front Royal complies with the Fair Labor Standards Act which prohibits the employment of minors less than 14 years of age and limits the work hours of minors between the ages of 14 and 18. Except for Police Officers, who cannot exceed 65 years of age at employment, there are no other age restrictions.

How do I apply for a job?

All applicants need to complete an application and return it by 5 p.m. of the closing date in the announcement.

Where can I apply for employment with the Town?

The Town's personnel office is located on the Second Floor of the Town Administration Building located at 102 E. Main St, Front Royal, VA 22630. Telephone: (540)635-3929.

How do I apply for unemployment compensation?

Unemployment compensation is not a Town of Front Royal service. For unemployment compensation benefits or to search for employment, contact the VEC in Winchester, VA at (540)722-3415. There is no VEC office located in Front Royal. The Winchester VEC office is located at 100 Premier Place (off of Front Royal Pike, or US Rt. 522 S), Winchester, VA 22602.

How do I obtain an application?

Applications are available at the Town Administration Building, 102 E. Main St, or the Town Business Office, 15 North Royal Avenue, Front Royal, VA 22630. Applications will be mailed via United States mail or faxed upon request. The application is available for download on the “Download Forms” website page. The application is in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.

How do I file a claim for property damage by the Town?

You can notify the Human Resources Department by going to the “Contact Us” page and completing the information requested. Please be sure to complete the “name,” “address,” “telephone,” and “email” sections so that we may contact you. You may also notify us by calling the telephone number on the “Contact Us” page. Please be advised that the Town of Front Royal cannot guarantee that the Town’s insurer will reimburse you for the alleged damage.

Last Updated ( Friday, 08 February 2013 20:31 )