Section 98-46 FLEA MARKETS.
A. As used in this section, the following terms shall have the meanings indicated:
FLEA MARKET - An assembly of vendors, selling new or used goods in the open air or within temporary structures, who display and sell their wares on the lands of another for a consideration.
B. Every vendor who is engaged in the sale or display of goods at a flea market shall be required to purchase a license and display the license in a prominent place visible to the public. For every license to sell or display antiques or used or second-hand goods at a flea market, there shall be paid a license tax of ten dollars ($10.) per year or one dollar ($1.) per day. Every vendor of new goods at the flea market shall be deemed a peddler or itinerant merchant and shall pay such license tax as is applicable to peddlers under the provisions of Section 98-61. Such license taxes shall not be prorated. Upon application to and approval by the Town Council, no license shall be required of a nonprofit organization that sells or displays goods at a flea market so long as the proceeds of sale are retained by the nonprofit organization and not shared with other persons, businesses or organizations. The following regulations shall govern the conduct of flea markets:
(Ord. No. 12-86 Added “Peddler”7-28-86-Effective Upon Passage)
(Ord. No. 13-96 Added “Itinerant Merchant” 12-16-96-Effective Upon Passage)
1. Goods and wares may be left on premises on Saturday nights only and on Sunday night if Monday is a holiday.
2. A night watchman may be allowed on weekends.
3. No overnight trailers are allowed.
4. The owner or lessee of the premises shall keep the flea market grounds clean and free of refuse and shall provide trash containers in sufficient numbers to serve the customers and vendors on the flea market site.
5. The owner or lessee of the premises shall rent no space to any flea market vendor, except those representing nonprofit organizations, unless the vendor first produces a valid and current license issued by the Town of Front Royal or a daily license permit for the sale and display of goods at a flea market.