Chapter 88 GRAFFITI
Section 88-8 COMMUNITY SERVICE PROVISIONS
A. Any parent or other legal guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (I 8) years shall be
personally liable for any and all costs to the Town or to any person incurred in connection with
the removal of graffiti caused by said child, and for all attorney s fees and court costs incurred
connection with the civil prosecution of any claim for damages.
B. In lieu of prosecuting a violation of this chapter as a crime, the Circuit Court, the
District Court, or the Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court, may offer said minor or
adult an option to perform such community service as the court deems appropriate. Community
service shall include, but not be limited to, the following m elements:
1. The minor shall perform at least thirty (30) hours of community service.
2. At least one of the custodial parents, or if none, guardians, shall be in attendance, at least fifty
(50) percent of the period of assigned community service.
3. The entire period of community service shall be performed under the supervision service
provider approved by the court.
4. Reasonable effort shall be made to assign the subject minor or adult to a type of community
service that is reasonably expected to have the most rehabilitative effect on the minor or adult.
To the extent that the offense giving rise to the offer of community service constitutes a violation
of this chapter, reasonable effort shall be made by the courts to assign the minor to community
service which constitutes in significant part the removal of the graffiti.
(Ord. No. 11-2001 Added Entire Chapter 9-10-01)