Section 175-90 EXEMPTIONS FROM REVIEW.
Certain minor actions which are deemed not to permanently affect the character of the historic district are exempted from review for architectural compatibility. Such actions shall include:
1. Repainting resulting in the same or in a different color. (Original painting of masonry surfaces is not exempted from review.)
2. Repair or construction in kind, resulting in no significant changes in appearance or form.
3. Addition or deletion of storm windows and doors, window gardens, awnings, temporary canopies or similar appurtenances and window air conditioners.
4. Addition or deletion of television or radio antennas, skylights or solar collectors in locations not visible from a public place.
5. Installation of plant materials but not including landscape treatment which substantially alters the contour of a contributing property or involves landscaping or construction of fences, pools and the like that affect the appearance of a contributing property.
6. Permitted outside storage in a residential or commercial district that does not require structural changes.
7. Improvements, alterations and renovations that can be accomplished without obtaining a building permit, except fences, signs, and window replacement.
8. Any changes to a structure that are not visible from a public street, alley or public place.
9. Temporary window signs.
No. Z-5-92 Amended Entire Section 4-13-92-Effective Upon Passage)
(Ord. No. Z-3-97 Amended Entire Section 10-27-97-Effective Upon Passage)