Chapter 175 ZONING.
Section 175-55 LIMITED INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT I-1 - USES PERMITTED BY RIGHT.
A. In the Limited Industrial District I-1, any structure to be erected
or land to be used shall be
for one (1) of the following uses:
1. Assembly of electrical appliances,
electronic instruments and devices, radios and
phonographs, computer instrument and devices; also the manufacture of small parts, such as
coils, condensers, transformers, crystal holders and computer parts.
(Ord. No. Z-2-87 Amended 2-9-87)
2. Automobile assembling, painting,
upholstering, repairing, rebuilding, reconditioning,
body and fender work, truck repairing or overhauling, tire retreading or recapping or battery
3. Blacksmith shop, welding or machine
shop, excluding punch presses exceeding twenty-ton-rated capacity and drop hammers.
4. Laboratories, pharmaceutical and/or medical.
5. Manufacture, compounding, processing,
packaging or treatment of such products as
bakery goods, candy, cosmetics, dairy products, drugs, perfumes, pharmaceuticals, perfumed
toilet soap, toiletries and food products, except fish and meat products, sauerkraut or
refining of fats and oils.
6. Manufacture, compounding, assembling
or treatment of articles of merchandise from the
following prepared materials: bone, cellophane, canvas, ice, cloth, cork, feathers, felt, fiber,
hair, horn, leather, paper, plastic, precious or semiprecious stone, shell, straw, textiles, tobacco,
wood, yam, paint and fiberglass.
7. Manufacture of pottery and figurines
or other similar ceramic products, using only
previously pulverized clay and kilns fired only by electricity or gas.
8. Manufacture of musical instruments, toys, novelties and rubber and metal stamps.
9. Building material sales yards and plumbing supplies storage.
10. Coal and wood yards, lumberyards and feed and seed stores.
11. Oil storage yards.
12. Packing plants.
13. Contractors' equipment storage yard or plant or rental of equipment
commonly used by
14. Cabinets, furniture and upholstery shops.
15. Boat building.
16. Stone monument works.
17. Veterinary hospitals.
(Ord. No. Z-4-03 Omitted Kennels 4-14-03)
18. Automobile sales and services, with service repair under cover.
19. Automobile service stations, with major repair under cover, as set forth in Section
20. Wholesale businesses, storage warehouses and distribution plants.
21. Junk storage (screened).
22. Car washes.
23. Accessory uses as defined, including portable storage containers as set forth
in Section 175-109.2.
(Ord. No. 19-05 Amended (23) 7-25-05-Effective Upon Passage)
24. Automobile wrecking yards.
25. Off-street parking as set forth in Section 175-104.
26. Public utility generating, booster or relay stations, transformer substations,
lines and towers and other facilities for the provision and maintenance of public utilities,
including railroads and facilities and water and sewerage installations.
27. Signs as set forth in Section 175-106.
28. Fences as set forth in Section 175-102.