A. Uses permitted by right Subject to the standards and requirements set forth in this Article, the following uses of land and buildings are permitted by right in the Highway Corridor Business C-3 District:
1. Appliance stores and repair services.
2. Automobile and truck sales lots and leasing agencies, provided that all incidental repair of vehicles is conducted in a building enclosed on all sides.
3. Bakeries when products are sold at retail on the premises.
4. Banks, branch banks and financial institutions.
5. Barber and beauty shops.
6. Recreation Facility (commercial).
(Ord. No. 4-08 Amended 7-28-08-Effective Upon Passage)
8. Commuter parking facilities.
9. Department stores.
11. Florist Shops/Floral Designers.
12. Funeral homes.
13. Furniture stores.
14. Gasoline Sales (Retail), in accordance with the requirements of Section 175-110.
15. Grocery stores.
16. Hardware stores.
17. Lumber and building supply (with storage under cover).
18. Machinery sales and services.
19. Motels and hotels.
20. Private club or lodge.
21. Professional and public offices, including veterinary hospitals.
22. Public utilities, including poles, booster and relay stations, distribution transformers, pipes, meters and other facilities necessary for the provision and maintenance of public utilities.
23. Public protection facilities: fire departments, rescue squads, police stations or substations.
24. Radio and television broadcasting stations, studios or offices.
25. Restaurants, including drive-in restaurants.
26. Retail stores as defined in Section 175-53.2D.
27. Theaters, assembly halls.
28. Wearing-apparel stores.
29. Such other uses as determined similar to one or more enumerated uses by the Zoning Administrator.
B. Uses permitted by special permit. Subject to the standards and requirements set forth in this Article, the following uses may be permitted upon authorization of the Town Council in accordance with Section 175-136.
1. Shopping centers as set forth in Section 175-111.
2. Wholesale establishments with storage and processing, subject to the standards and criteria for industrial uses provided in Section 175-70.
3. Distribution facilities, subject to the standards and criteria for industrial uses provided in Section 175-70.
4. Structures with a height between 45 feet and 70 feet.
5. Structures with a gross floor area of 50,000 square feet or more.
6. Automobile Parking Lots, Commercial.
7. Parking Structures.
8. Communications Towers and cable television facilities, with wireless telephone (cell phone) communications tower subject to the supplemental provisions prescribed in Section 175-110.4.
(Ord. No. 23-05 Amended “8” 9-26-05-Effective Upon Passage)
C. Accessory uses permitted.
1. Off-street parking for uses permitted in this district.
2. Signs, as set forth in Section 175-106.
3. Accessory buildings and uses customarily incidental to permitted uses.
4. Portable storage containers as set forth in Section 175-109.2.
(Ord. No. 19-05 Added “4” 7-25-05-Effective Upon Passage)
D. For the purpose of this section, "retail stores" are defined as buildings for the display and sale of merchandise at retail or for the rendering of personal services, but specifically exclusive of coal, wood and oil and lumberyards, accessory uses, adult bookstores (stores engaged in the sale of magazines and other publications of sexually-oriented nature), massage parlors and stores engaged in the sale of sexual aids, devices and merchandise.