Section 175-52 PERFORMANCE STANDARDS.
1. Permitted uses shall be conducted wholly within a completely enclosed building or within an area enclosed on all sides by a solid masonry wall, a uniformly painted solid board fence or a dense evergreen hedge at least six (6) feet in height. Public utilities and signs requiring natural air consideration, unobstructed view or other technical consideration necessary for property operation may be exempt from this provision. This exception does not include storing of any materials.
2. Commercial development shall be permanently screened from any adjoining and contiguous residential district by a wall, fence, evergreen hedge, and/or other suitable enclosure with a minimum height of five (5) feet. Any area between such enclosure and the property line shall be landscaped to form a permanent screening area. The requirement for a screening area may be waived if equivalent screening is provided by existing parks, recreational area, or by topographic or other natural conditions.
3. The provision of subsection 2 shall not apply when the (architectural) front of any commercial building faces the street across from a residential district or when strict application of the requirement relative to screening can be demonstrated as not serving the purpose for which it is intended.
B. Lighting: Lighting facilities shall be arranged in a manner that will protect the public roadway and neighboring properties from direct glare, intrusion or hazardous interference. Parking lot and building lighting shall be down-directed so that the lighting does not extend beyond the property boundary. Where needed, lighting facilities shall be required along private and public streets and within parking areas, installed at the developer's expense.
C. Outdoor Storage/Waste Disposal:
1. No flammable or explosive liquids, solids or gases shall be stored in bulk above ground; provided, however, that tanks or drums of fuel directly connecting to energy devices, heating devices or appliances located on the same lot as the tanks or drums of fuel are excluded from this provision.
2. All fuel, raw materials and products stored outdoors shall be enclosed by a fence adequate to conceal the facilities from any adjacent properties or roadways.
3. No materials or wastes shall be deposited upon a lot in such form or manner that it may be transferred off the lot by natural causes or forces.
4. All refuse containers shall be adequately sized to handle the needs of the facility or development and all material or wastes which might cause fumes or dust, constitute a fire hazard, or may be edible or otherwise attractive to rodents or insects shall be shored only in completely closed containers.
5. All outdoor refuse storage areas shall be located in a paved area and hidden from general public view, fences or walls, and landscape planting. A solid wood or masonry fence at least six (6) feet in height shall be provided on three (3) sides, with a solid opaque gate on the fourth side. Landscaping shall be incorporated to improve the visual appearance.