Uses permitted by special permit shall be as follows:
A. Automobile service stations, with major repair under cover, as set forth in Section 175-110.
B. Farmers' markets, subject to the following provisions, any conditions that may be imposed on a special use permit by Town Council, and the requirements of Chapter 78.
(Amended 7-23-12-Effective Upon Passage)
1. Adequate water and sanitary facilities shall be provided if found necessary based on the size, frequency and duration of the market.
2. A minimum twenty-five (25) foot setback shall be maintained from all property lines.
3. No adverse effect on adjoining properties is found.
4. All tables, facilities and structures shall be maintained in a well-kept and attractive manner.
5. Any building used for the storage or sale of goods and materials shall be constructed on a permanent foundation and meet appropriate building code regulations. No trailers, manufactured homes or mobile home units shall be permitted.
(Amended to add “manufactured” 7-23-12-Effective Upon Passage)
6. All temporary structures or facilities, including but not limited to canopy frames, table extensions and display shelving, shall be removed during the hours that the market is not in operation.
C. Day-care facilities: day-care facilities and operations which have been licensed by the State of Virginia in accordance with the requirements of Virginia Code Section 63.1-196, as amended, unless otherwise specifically exempted from such licensing requirements assessing the request for a special permit, the Town Council shall consider the factors as set forth in Town Code Section 175-107.1F, as those factors apply in a commercial zoning district. The Council may require such improvements or changes set forth in Section 175-107.1F.
D. Schools: schools certified by the State of Virginia in accordance with the requirements of Virginia Code Section 22.1-319 et seq., unless otherwise specifically exempted from such licensing requirements under the provisions of the Virginia State Code. In assessing the request for a special permit, the Town Council shall consider the same factors set forth in Town Code Section 175-107.1F, as those factors apply to schools in a commercial zoning district. The Council may require such improvements or changes which it deems necessary to address the considerations set forth in Section 175-107.1F.
E. Apartments, located in buildings constructed after January 1, 1999, in accordance with the area requirements in Section 175-49.
F. Lodging houses and boarding houses.
(Ord. No. 3-08 Added “F” 5-12-08-Effective Upon Passage)
G. Bed & Breakfast Uses as set forth in Section 175-107.3.
(Ord. No. 7-10 Added “Bed & Breakfast Uses…” 9-27-10-Effective Upon Passage)
H. New and used automobile and truck sales and accessory uses, including but not limited to auto detailing, reconditioning and car washes.
(Ord. No. 8-11 Added “New and Use Automobile & Truck Sales” 5-23-11-Effective Upon Passage)