Section 175-45 OFF-STREET PARKING.
A. Space Requirements, except where specifically exempted under Section 175-104.
1. Retail and personal service uses: 1 space per 200 gross square feet.
2. Dwelling units in conjunction with business establishments: 1.5 spaces per unit.
3. Offices, except medical offices: 1 space per 300 gross square feet.
4. Medical offices: 1 space per 200 gross square feet.
5. Apartments: 2 spaces per unit.
6. Hotels/Motels: 1 space per room and 1 additional space for every 10 rooms.
7. Lodging houses/Bed and Breakfast: 1 space per bedroom and an additional 2 spaces for employees.
8. Theaters and Assembly Halls: 1 space per 4 fixed seats in the main assembly area or 1 space per 100 net square feet.
9. Automobile Service Facilities: 2 spaces per service bay, or 2 spaces per 360 gross square feet, with a minimum of 3 paces.
10. Funeral Homes: 1 space per 4 fixed seats or 1 space per 100 square feet net visitation area, plus 5 employee parking spaces.
11. Other uses not specifically enumerated, see Section 175-104.
B. Minimum setback for driveways and parking:
1. All parking areas adjoining commercial properties: Five (5) feet from side and rear property lines
2. Parking areas with less than fifteen (15) spaces and no more than 4,500 square feet in area: Five (5) feet from public right-of-way except where driveway entrance is located.
3. Parking areas with fifteen (15) or more spaces or greater than 4,500 square feet in area: Ten (10) feet from public right-of-way, except where driveway entrance is located.
4. Parking areas adjoining residential district: Fifteen (15) from side and rear property lines.
5. All parking areas with fifteen (15) or more spaces or greater than 4,500 square feet in area shall meet the requirements of Section 148-48.
1. All driveway entrances shall be constructed to meet the requirements of the Virginia Department of Transportation for commercial entrances.
2. All parking areas greater than 4,500 square feet in area shall be paved.