Section 175-42 MINIMUM SETBACK AND YARD DIMENSIONS.
A. Principal Structures, when abutting properties are in a commercial or industrial district.
1. Front setback:
a. Where no parking is provided between the structure and the street: five (5) feet. Provided, however, that no drive aisle shall be located within five (5) feet of any structure having a setback less than fifteen (15) feet.
b. Where parking is provided between the structure and the street: fifty (5 0) feet.
2. Side: 10 feet on one (1) side only.
3. Rear: 15 feet.
4. Corner side: 15 feet.
B. Accessory Structures:
1. Front setback: 25 feet, except that accessory structures shall not be located closer to the street than the principal structure.
2. Side: 5 feet or 50% of building height, whichever is greater.
3. Rear: 5 feet or 50% of building height, whichever is greater.
4. Corner side: 20 feet, except that accessory structures shall not be located closer to the street than the principal structure.
C. Transitional yards, when located adjoining a residential district.
1. Side yard: 15 feet.
2. Rear yard: 20 feet.
3. No structures, storage, use or parking shall be located in a transitional yard.
4. Transitional yards shall be landscaped in accordance with the provisions of Section 148-44.
D. Where parking is provided in a perpendicular manner between the principal structure and the street a minimum parking setback of ten (10) feet and a minimum building setback of fifty (50) feet shall be provided. The parking setback shall be landscaped in accordance with Section 148-48(E)(2).
E. The Town Council may waive the setback, yard and lot size requirements for townhouse style commercial project, approved by special permit, where such waiver is needed to produce a functional and desirable site layout; provided, however, that no adverse impact to adjoining property results from the waiver.
(Ord. No. Z-3-94 Amended “Setback”10-10-94-Effective Upon Passage)(Ord. No. Z-3-97 Amended Entire Section 10-27-97-Effective Upon Passage)