Section 175-117 CONTENTS.
A. The site plan, or any portion thereof, involving engineering, planning, landscape architecture, architecture or land surveying shall be prepared by qualified persons. Site plans shall be certified by an architect, engineer or land surveyor licensed to practice by the Commonwealth of Virginia within the limits of their respective licenses.
B. The site plan shall provide the following:
1. The proposed title of the project and the name of the engineer, architect, landscape architect and/or surveyor, the name of the developer and a signature panel for the Planning Commission and Council's approval.
2. The North point, scale and date. A bar scale shall be provided showing both English and metric units. Also the specified scale should be stated as not less than one ( 1) inch for fifty (50) feet or not less than one to six hundred (1:600) instead of the present draft of not less than fifty (50) feet to one (1) inch.
3. Existing zoning and zoning district boundaries on the property in question and on immediately surrounding properties.
4. The present use of all contiguous or abutting property.
5. The boundaries of to property involved by bearings and distances, certified by a land surveyor licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
6. All existing property lines, existing streets, buildings, watercourses, waterways or lakes and other existing physical features in or adjoining the project. Those physical features, such as watercourses, waterways or lakes, on adjoining properties need only be shown in approximate scale and proportion.
7. Topography of the project area with contour intervals of two (2) feet or less on United States Geological Survey or United States Coast and Geodetic Survey datum. The topography may be plotted in the field or from aerial photography, but the information must be current, and the contouring method must provide the precision normally expected for two-foot contour topography.
8. The location and sizes of sanitary and storm sewers, gas lines, water mains, culverts and other underground structures in or affecting the project, including existing and proposed facilities and easements for these facilities.
9. The location, dimensions and character of construction of proposed streets, alleys, driveways, curb and gutter improvements, and the location, type and size of ingress and egress to the site.
(Ord. No. 03-05 Added “Curb and Gutter Improvements” 2-14-05-Effective Upon Passage)
10. The location of all off-street parking, loading spaces and walkways, indicating types of surfacing, size, angle of stalls, width of aisles and a specific schedule showing the number of parking spaces.
11. The location, height, type and material of all fences, walls, screen planting and landscaping details of all buildings and grounds and the location, height and character of all outdoor lighting systems.
12. The location of all proposed buildings and structures, accessory and main; number of stories and height; proposed general use for each building; and the number, size and type of dwelling units, where applicable.
13. Provisions for the adequate disposition of natural and storm water indicating location, sizes, types and grades of ditches, catch basins and pipes and connection to existing drainage system.
14. Provisions and a schedule for the adequate control of erosion and sedimentation, in accordance with Town of Front Royal Erosion and Sedimentation Control Ordinance.
15. Proposed finished grading by contour supplemented where necessary by spot elevations.
16. The location, character, size, height and orientation of proposed signs.
17. The location and dimensions of proposed recreation, open space and required amenities and improvements, including details of disposition.
18. Floodplain limits.
19. A vicinity map should be included to show where the site is located within the community.
20. The following information should be provided in tabular form: total site area, area dedicated to public streets, building and coverage area (if known), open space area, number and types of dwelling units, number of parking spaces provided and number of loading spaces provided.
21. Any necessary notes required by the Administrator and/or Planning Commission to explain the purpose of specific items on the plan.