Section 175-110.2 PARKING OF TRUCKS AND SEMITRAILERS.
A. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to keep, park or store upon any lot located in R-1, R-2 or R-3 Residential Zoning Districts any tractor truck or semitrailer designed to be used with a tractor truck, as defined in Virginia Code Section 46.2-100, or any truck with a registered gross weight in excess of twelve thousand (12,000) pounds. These provisions shall apply regardless of whether such a vehicle is kept, parked or stored in the open or within an enclosed structure.
B. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any of the following vehicles:
1. School buses, church buses and other buses engaged in public transportation.
2. Pickup trucks with a registered gross weight of twelve thousand (12,000) pounds or less.
3. Panel truck with a registered gross weight of twelve thousand (12,000) pounds or less.
4. Motor homes, camping trailers and recreational vehicles as defined in Virginia Code Section 46.2-100.
5. Trailers of every type, except semitrailers designed to be used with a tractor truck.
6. Hospital mobile units and fire and rescue vehicles.
7. Vehicles owned and operated by public utilities.
8. Farm vehicles used in agricultural pursuits on parcels of land one (1) acre or larger.
C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to any vehicle which comes upon property in residentially zoned districts for pickups, deliveries and service to residential property made in the regular course of business or which comes upon residentially zoned property in the course of construction, maintenance or improvement to the property or adjoining streets and facilities.
(Ord. No. Z-7-91 Added Entire Section 5-13-91-Effective Upon Passage)