Section 175-109 TEMPORARY CONSTRUCTION TRAILERS.
A. Zoning permits for temporary trailers may be issued by the Zoning Administrator in any zoning district for construction purposes only. Temporary trailers may not be used for residential purposes or sales offices. All permits for temporary construction trailers shall be subject to the following conditions:
1. The Zoning Administrator shall review and approve or deny all requests for temporary construction trailer permits. In assessing a request for a temporary construction trailer permit, the Zoning Administrator shall consider the necessity for such temporary construction trailer, its location and its effects on the surrounding neighborhood and/or adjoining property owners and may require terms and conditions on the location and placement, type and number of trailers, screening and such other reasonable conditions as the Zoning Administrator shall deem necessary.
2. The location of temporary construction trailers on a specific site shall be necessary for the purpose of a construction office or storage.
3. The request for a temporary construction trailer permit shall be filed by the contractor, landowner or State Department of Highways and Transportation as being essential to the construction activity.
4. A minimum area of two thousand (2,000) square feet shall be provided for each temporary construction trailer space.
5. Each temporary construction trailer shall have a minimum of two (2) off-street parking spaces in addition to other parking spaces required by this chapter for other activities.
6. All sanitary facilities must conform to State Health Department trailer camp sanitation requirements.
B. The maximum period allowable for the placement of a temporary construction trailer shall be six (6) months or until completion of the project, whichever is shorter. Applications for renewal for a successive six-month periods may be submitted if additional time is required to complete the project. However, each renewal application must be filed at least thirty (30) days prior to the expiration of the original temporary construction trailer permit.
C. The Zoning Administrator, in granting a temporary construction trailer permit, may require the posting of a bond to insure that the temporary construction trailer will be removed and the site left in good order at the expiration of the permit.
D. The Zoning Administrator may establish such additional requirements and conditions as may be in the best interests of the town.
(Ord. No. Z-1-90 Amended 1-8-90-Effective Upon Passage)