Section 175-109.1 TEMPORARY TRAILERS; NONRESIDENTIAL USES
A. The Town Council in its discretion may grant a special permit for approval not to exceed one (1) year for the use of a temporary trailer or a temporary manufactured home for specified nonresidential purposes related to the following permitted uses:
(Amended by adding “manufactured” 7-23-12-Effective Upon Passage)
5. Rest, convalescent or nursing homes.
6. Public utilities.
7. Industrial facilities.
B. The special permit may be granted for any zoning district, provided that the underlying use is permitted in that zoning district. For good cause shown, Council may vote to grant a single extension for an additional period not to exceed one (1) year.
C. All temporary trailers approved under this section for a period of six (6) months or more shall be placed and anchored on a foundation appropriate for a two-year duration. All such foundations shall be skirted.
D. The special permit application shall specify the event or solution that will terminate the need for the temporary trailer. In assessing the application for a special permit, Council shall consider the following:
1. The effect on surrounding properties.
2. The effect on community appearance.
3. The stated need for a temporary facility, and the availability of alternative solutions.
4. Traffic and safety factors.
5. Such additional factors as may apply to the site, and the particulars of the application.
(Ord. No. Z-1-94 Added 2-14-94-Effective Upon Passage)