167-2 DISCHARGE OF FIREARMS
A. No person shall discharge a firearm of any description within the Town, with the exception of the following:
1. Any law enforcement officer in the performance of official duties;
2. Any other person whose said willful act is otherwise justified or excusable at law in the protection of life or property, or is otherwise specifically authorized by law;
3. Any otherwise lawful discharge while actually engaged in target practice on shooting ranges or other facilities lawfully established and maintained;
4. The use of blank ammunition at athletic events, military funerals, theatrical performances or events of similar character; or,
5. Lawfully hunting deer pursuant to a specific grant of authority under a Deer Management Plan adopted by the Virginia Board of Game and Inland Fisheries and the Town Council.