158-16 PARKING PROHIBITED IN SPECIFIED PLACES
A. No person shall park a vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic control device, in any of the following places:
1. On a sidewalk.
2. In front of a public or private driveway.
3. Within an intersection.
4. Within fifteen (15) feet of a fire hydrant.
5. On a crosswalk.
6. Within twenty (20) feet of a crosswalk at an intersection; provided, however, that where there is no crosswalk at an intersection, no person shall so park a vehicle within twenty (20) feet from the intersection of curblines or, if none, then within fifteen (15) feet of the intersection of property lines.
7. Within thirty (30) feet upon the approach to any flashing beacon, stop sign or traffic control signal located at the side of a roadway.
8. Between a safety zone and the adjacent curb or within thirty (30) feet of points on the curb immediately opposite the end of a safety zone, unless a different length is indicated by official signs or markings.
9. Within fifty (50) feet of the nearest rail of a railroad grade crossing.
10. Within fifteen (15) feet of a driveway entrance to any fire station and on the side of a street opposite the entrance to any fire station within seventy-five (75) feet of the entrance, when properly signposted.
11. Alongside or opposite any street excavation or obstruction when such parking would obstruct traffic.
12. On the roadway side of any vehicle parked at the edge or curb of a street.
13. Upon any bridge or other elevated structure upon a street or highway or within a tunnel.
14. At any place where official signs prohibit
parking, or at any location where the curb is officially marked
with yellow paint designating no parking at any time.
(Ord. Amended (14) 9-10-12-Effective Upon Passage)
15. In all places designated as fire lanes by posted signs.
(Ord. No. 8-2001 Added (15) 9-10-01-Effective Upon Passage)
16. On the wrong side of any public street. For the purpose of this subsection the term "wrong side of any public street" means the side immediately adjacent to any traffic lane in which the flow of traffic is in the opposite direction from the direction the parked vehicle faces.
(Ord. No.5-02 Added (16) 1-28-02-Effective Upon Passage)