Chapter 156 URBAN FORESTRY.
Section 156-3 ESTABLISHMENT OF URBAN FORESTRY ADVISORY COMMISSION.
A. The Urban Forestry Advisory Commission shall be made up of
five (5) members, each
member being a citizen of Warren County. The members shall be appointed by the Town
Council. In addition, the Virginia Department of Forestry's Chief Forest Warden for Warren
County shall serve as a standing committee member.
B. The Urban Forestry Advisory Commission shall be made up of
citizens with skills and an
expressed interest in at least one of the following areas:
1. Urban Forestry
C. Terms of Office.
1. Each member shall be appointed for a term of four (4) years,
or until their successors are
appointed, except that the initial appointment of two (2) members shall be for a three (3) year
term, one (1) member for a two (2) year term; the remaining two (2) members for a four (4) year
2. Members may be re-appointed to serve consecutive terms as
determined appropriate by the
3. The Commission shall elect a Chair and Vice Chair who shall
serve annual terms and may
D. Minutes and Rules.
1. The Commission shall adopt such rules and regulations as it
may consider necessary.
2. The Commission shall keep minutes of its proceedings, showing
the vote of each member
upon each question or, if absent or failing to vote, indicating such fact. It shall keep records
its examinations and other such official actions, all of which shall be immediately filed in the
office of the Commission and shall be a public record.
3. All meetings of the Commission shall be open to the public.
4. A quorum shall be at least three (3) members.