Chapter 156 URBAN FORESTRY.
Section 156-1 PURPOSE AND INTENT OF THIS CHAPTER.
is the purpose of this Chapter to promote and protect the public health, safety, and
general welfare by providing for the regulation of the planting, maintenance, preservation and
removal of trees and shrubs, on public property within the Town of Front Royal.
B. The purpose of this Chapter is to further promote the following:
1. The planting, maintenance, restoration, and survival of desirable
trees and shrubs within the
2. The protection of community residents and visitors from personal
injury and property
damage, and the protection of the Town from property damage, caused or threatened by the
improper planting, maintenance, or removal of trees and shrubs, located on public property.
3. The reduction of erosion and sedimentation.
4. The reduction of storm water run-off and its associated costs.
5. The protection and enhancement of property values and aesthetic
qualities in the Town.
6. The protection and enhancement of the overall environment
of the Town.
7. The provision of sound attenuation where appropriate.
8. The enhancement of the quality of life of the Town and its
9. To facilitate the long-range planning of tree care
in Front Royal.