Section 134-38 USE OF WATER BY SEVERAL CONSUMERS ON ONE METER
A. When more than one (1) supply is made through one (1) service pipe and under control, in the street, of one (1) stopcock, one (1) person must make application for all such supplies, and the bill will be made to such applicant for all the parties so supplied.
B. Permits for the use of water will not be granted to a block of stores, shops, tenements or rooms occupied by different parties or families using water through the same meter, unless the application shall be made by the landlord or agent of such premises, and all rents and bills for water are to be charged to and collected from him or his agent.
C. The use of water and/or sewer submetering equipment may be used in a commercial or residential occupied by more than one tenant or user if clearly stated in the rental agreement or lease for the leased premises or dwelling unit.
(Ord. No. 13-05 Added (C) 6-27-05-Effective Upon Passage)
D. Separate buildings shall be provided with separate water meters at the property line. The connection of more than one building to the same meter shall not be allowed except by special permission shall include: additional building(s), landscaping irrigation, decorative fountains/fish pools, swimming pools, and multiple living quarters. In granting such special permission, the Town Manager shall ensure that:
1. Such special permission is applied to single ownership of a lot and/or business;
2. All connections safeguard the health and safety of the public, and shall be made in accordance with the Town's water and sewer specifications manual;
3. The Town's ability to operate the utility system and collect revenues is not inhibited;
4. The new connection is terminated should the property or building supporting the extra connection be conveyed or leased;
5. The consumption rate of the combined use will not be detrimental to trunkline flow or pressure;
6. All sub-meter installations will be inspected by the Town of Front Royal Utilities Inspector;
7. All primary and sub-meter installations will be equipped with backflow protection devices and isolation valves;
Isolation valves are installed to effectively turn off
all primary and secondary water supplies independently without
the remaining services.
(Ord. No. 16-99 Added as (C) 9-27-99-Effective Upon Passage)
(Ord. No. 7-2000 Amended as (C) & Added (1-8) 7-24-00-Effective Upon Passage)
Notwithstanding the provisions of subparagraphs D1 and D4 above, the
Council may approve an application for the extension of a water service
with or without a submeter to an additional building from a principal
on the same parcel of land, provided that the terms and conditions
paragraphs A, B, D2, D3, D5, D6, and D7 above are met.
(Ord. No. 7-02 Added as (D) 5-13-02-Effective Upon Passage)
(Ord. No. 13-05 Amended (E) 6-27-05-Effective Upon Passage)