Section 134-20 EMERGENCY SUSPENSIONS OR TERMINATION
A. The Administrator may suspend the wastewater permit of an industrial user, for a period not to exceed thirty (30) days, whenever such suspension is necessary in order to stop an actual or threatened discharge which reasonably appears to present or cause an imminent or substantial endangerment to the health or welfare of persons, interferes with the operation of the municipal wastewater system or which presents or may present an endangerment to the environment.
B. Any industrial user notified of a suspension of its wastewater permit shall immediately stop or eliminate its contribution. In the event of an industrial user's failure to immediately comply voluntarily with the suspension order, the Administrator shall take such steps as deemed necessary, including immediate severance of the sewer connection, to prevent or minimize damage to the system, its receiving stream or endangerment to any individuals. The Administrator shall allow the industrial user to recommence its discharge when the user has demonstrated to the satisfaction of the Town that the period of endangerment has passed, unless proceedings for termination of the wastewater permit are initiated against the user.
C. An industrial user which is responsible, in whole or in part, for any discharge presenting imminent endangerment shall submit a detailed written statement describing the causes of the harmful contribution and the measures taken to prevent any future occurrence to the Administrator prior to the date of any show cause or termination hearing.
D. In addition to the provisions in 134-17 of this Article, any user who violates the following conditions is subject to discharge termination:
1. Violation of wastewater discharge permit conditions;
2. Failure to accurately report the wastewater constituents and characteristics of its discharge;
3. Failure to report significant changes in operations or wastewater volume, constituents, and characteristics prior to discharge;
4. Refusal of reasonable access to the user's premises for the purpose of inspection, monitoring, or sampling, or
5. Violation of the pretreatment standards in section 134-4, 134-5, 134-6, 134-7, 134-8 or 134-9 of this Article.
(Ord. No. 4-92 Amended Entire Section 4-27-92-Effective Upon Passage)
(Ord. No. 2-05Added (D)(1-5) & Amended Title 12-20-04-Effective Upon Passage)