Section 134-16 PERMIT MODIFICATIONS AND TRANSFER
A. A user may apply for modification of an existing wastewater permit, or the Administrator, following notice and hearing to the user, may cause a permit to be modified for the following reasons:
1. To incorporate new or revised Federal, State, or local government laws, standards or requirements.
2. To address significant alterations or additions to the user's operation, processes or wastewater volume or character since the time of wastewater discharge permit issuance.
3. To address a change or condition in the municipal wastewater system which requires a temporary or permanent reduction or elimination of a previously authorized discharge.
4. To address new information indicating that a previously permitted discharge poses a threat to the municipal wastewater system, Town personnel or receiving waters.
5. To address violation by the user of any of the terms and conditions of the existing wastewater permit.
6. To address misrepresentation, a failure to disclose or otherwise incomplete or incorrect data submitted by the user in the wastewater permit application.
7. To incorporate a revision of or a grant of variance from Categorical Pretreatment Standards made pursuant to 40 CFR 403.13.
8. To correct typographical errors in the existing permit.
9. To reflect transfer of facility ownership and/or operation.
B. WASTEWATER PERMIT TRANSFER
1. Industrial wastewater permits may be reassigned to a new owner or operator by the Town Administrator upon at least thirty (30) days written certification by the new owner or operator stating that there will be no immediate change to the facility's operations and processes, acknowledging full responsibility for complying with the terms of the existing permit and identifying the specific date the transfer in ownership of operation is to occur.
2. Failure to provide advance notice of a transfer renders the wastewater discharge permit void as of the date of facility transfer.
(Ord. No. 4-92 Amended Entire Section 4-27-92-Effective Upon Passage)
(Ord. No. 2-05 Amended (B)(2) 12-20-04-Effective Upon Passage)