Section 134-15 PERMIT PROVISIONS
A. Industrial wastewater permits shall be issued for a specified time period, not to exceed five (5) years from the effective date of the permit. Each permit will indicate a specific expiration date. Existing industrial wastewater permits shall be deemed void upon cessation of operations by the user or upon the issuance of a new wastewater permit. The terms and conditions of a permit are automatically continued past its expiration date and remain fully enforceable pending issuance of a new permit if:
1. The permittee has submitted a timely and sufficient application for renewal; or
2. The Town is unable, through no fault of the permittee, to issue a new permit before the expiration date of the previous permit; and
3. The permittee is not in significant noncompliance with the terms and conditions of the previous permit on its expiration date.
4. A wastewater permit for a domestic user shall be issued for an indefinite period without an expiration date.
B. All wastewater permits shall include any such conditions deemed necessary by the Administrator to prevent pass-through or interference, to protect the quality of the water body receiving the treatment plant effluent, to protect worker health and safety, to facilitate sludge management and disposal, to protect the ambient air quality and to protect against damage to the municipal wastewater system and treatment plant. Industrial wastewater permits shall be nontransferable without prior notification to and approval by the Town of Front Royal. Industrial permits shall contain the effluent limits based on pretreatment standards applicable to the user and shall include self-monitoring, sampling, reporting, notification and record-keeping requirements pertaining to the user. These requirements shall include an identification of pollutants to be monitored, sampling location, sampling frequency and sample type based on Federal, State, and local law. In addition, the permit will contain a statement of applicable civil and criminal penalties for violation of pretreatment standards and requirements, and any applicable compliance schedule. Such schedule may not extend the time for compliance beyond that required by applicable Federal, State, or local law.
C. Wastewater discharge permits may contain, but need not be limited to the following conditions:
1. Limits on the average or maximum rate of discharge, time of discharge, and/or requirements for flow regulation name equalization;
2. Requirements for installation of pretreatment technology, pollution control, or construction of appropriate containment devices, designed to reduce, eliminate, or prevent the introduction of pollutants into the treatment works;
3. Requirements for development of and implementation of spill control plans or other special conditions including management practices necessary to adequately prevent accidental, unanticipated, or nonroutine discharges;
4. Development and implementation of waste minimization plans to reduce the amount of pollutants discharged to the system;
5. The unit charge or schedule or user charges and fees for the management of the wastewater discharged to the system;
6. Requirements for installation and maintenance of inspection and sampling facilities and equipment;
7. A statement that compliance with the wastewater discharge permit does not relieve the permittee of responsibility for compliance with all applicable Federal and State pretreatment standards, including those which become effective during the term of the wastewater discharge permit; and
8. Other conditions as deemed appropriate by the Town to ensure compliance with this ordinance and State and Federal laws, rules and regulations.
(Ord. No. 4-92 Amended Entire Section 4-27-92-Effective Upon Passage)
(Ord. No. 2-05 Amended Entire Section 12-20-04-Effective Upon Passage)