Chapter 1 GENERAL PROVISIONS.
Section 1-22 SALE OF TOWN PROPERTY.
A. No real estate owned by the town shall be sold unless the following requirements have been
1. The Town Council shall hold a public hearing upon
the question of the sale after two (2)
publications in a newspaper published or having general circulation in the town.
2. The Town Council shall authorize by resolution the
terms of the sale.
3. Bids shall be accepted by the Purchasing Agent on
the date such property is advertised for
4. The Town Council shall authorize the acceptance, or rejection, of the
best bid at the first
available regular Town Council meeting.
B. No personal property owned by the Town shall be sold unless the following
have been complied with:
1. The Town Manager, or his designated agent, shall cause
to be published in a newspaper
having general circulation in the Town, an advertisement arranging the sale including the date,
time and place of the sale.
2. The sale shall be held by public auction to the highest bidder, and such shall be conducted
at the place, date and time such property is advertised for sale.
C. Any deviation from the foregoing procedures shall be authorized by resolution
the Town Council, with the reasons therefor stated therein.
(Ord. No. 13-95 Amended Entire Section 11-27-95)